- take your pet (dog only, not your cat!) for a short walk outside.
- natural pheromone sprays can be used to help with stress (Adaptil for dogs and Feliway for cats).
- calming supplements can be added to your pet’s food before travel.
- if your animal is extremely stressed having a light sedation before their visit can help.
- if you have a nervous dog,walk around the area before your visit to help walk off the stress.
- leave your cat in a quiet car,covering his/her carrier with a blanket.
- if reception is busy, wait outside in the car with your cat or walk outside with your dog.
- do not let your dog go up to other animals waiting as this could cause stress for the other animal.
We aim for all the visits to be fear free in the consult rooms. We always have snacks on hand for all our patients! We always take our time with the animals we see at Briarhill Vets and we aim to make the visit as calm as possible.